Monday, 1 November 2010

Initial Ideas

One idea that comes to mind when thinking of the costs of living is old age. I like the idea of taking images of an old person, who clearly shows the years, and what they’ve gone through. I could take an image of an old woman, and concentrate on her wrinkles, on her face, hands and so on. I could also focus on her doing simple everyday tasks, and document the difficulty she has in doing these.
For example, in Hayley Leonard's 'Nan's Hands' (2004), we cant see the woman, but we can see that she is an old woman that looks after herself. She is sat in a relaxed pose. I could go the opposite way to this, and concentrate on her hands when she is doing a simple task that she finds particularly difficult.



Another idea that comes to mind is focusing on a career that documents the cost of living. This could be anything from an undertaker, whose career is based around death, the ultimate cost of living, to a street cleaner, focussing on the cost of people living on the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment